Jay’s Top Tweets on Philanthropy and Fundraising: November 7 – November 13, 2009
- RT @pichwahyt: RT @Philanthropy: Talk w/ experts from @SalvationArmyUS @RedCross about the state of disaster philanthropy http://ow.ly/B42s
- Philantropia invites NGOs to participate in a survey on international fundraising: http://ow.ly/A3lh
- 63 ways to reactivate lapsed donors from @nplocal http://ow.ly/BlF4 Via @NPNewsGremlin
- Are you participating in the Global Giving Challenge? $244,668 in matching funds left! http://ow.ly/Bk7i Runs through Dec. 1!
- LinkedIn + Twitter! Yet another reason for NPOs and their leaders to take the social media plunge: http://ow.ly/BkwV
- Every US NPO should read this report on giving in recession from Giving USA: http://ow.ly/ALFc Great historical perspective!
- Best job of this type you’re likely to see for some time! COO, Advancement Services wanted by U of Toronto http://ow.ly/Bq5a Wow!
- 8 great development and communications jobs open at the University of Kansas: http://ow.ly/B1dD
- Early analysis of America’s Giving Challenge by @afine http://ow.ly/B4hw 106,000 unique gifts totaling over $2 million in 30 days
- Philanthropy Journal on whether to hire a nonprofit consultant: http://ow.ly/B4Am Via @NPNewsGremlin
Other less popular but perhaps equally important items tweeted this week included an anonymous gift of $25 million to Georgia Tech (http://ow.ly/Bl6T), gifts totaling nearly $15 million from the Estate of Mona Webster (http://ow.ly/BAQ2), a $4.5 million philanthropic investment in Year Up by Venture Philanthropy Partners (http://ow.ly/BV1n), a report by CASE Europe showing substantial growth in giving to higher education in Britain (http://ow.ly/BTVx), several stories on philanthropy in the Wall Street Journal (http://ow.ly/AKTX) and a growing stream of prospect research and fundraising jobs everywhere, including a really great one working with APRA’s own Hodan Hassan at UNICEF (http://ow.ly/ATi9). Follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/gordonjayfrost) to see all the individual tweets during the week and to explore my new Twitter lists of top people on Twitter!