- RT @Heifer: Fantasy author Patrick Rothfuss selling one favor on eBay to raise $ for Heifer. Auction now at $15K: http://ow.ly/UkBq
- Over 75% of ultra-high net worth individuals say philanthropy is an important part of their lives http://ow.ly/TkBe
- Online giving grew 46% in ’09! How did you do? See@SMacLaughlin‘s review of @blackbaud ‘s online giving data! http://ow.ly/SXTA
- Donors! Look what can happen if you don’t properly earmark donations! http://ow.ly/SDMB A trend? I hope not!
- RT @GrameenFdn: Alex Counts presents “Future of Microfinance: Leveraging the Platform” in HK 1/21/10http://ow.ly/SXin #microfinance
- Need inspiration? How small acts of #philanthropy transformed a family! See the #waterbuffalomovie: http://ow.ly/Tlia
- Vote to help @Project7 decide which charities should receive their share of $105,000 http://ow.ly/TLmO
- You can raise money for charity on Twitter! Ask actress and Twitter-powered activist @Alyssa_Milano: http://ow.ly/UfBc Awesome!
- The Chinese Corporate Philanthropy Index http://ow.ly/Uht5
- Why the downturn has been good for charity: http://ow.ly/SDT0 An Australian perspective. But true in many places, right?
Following are some less popular but arguably equally important items tweeted this week, organized by category:
- RT @willmarlow: The 10 largest gifts of 2009 totaled $2.7B – here’s a mega-gift report from @philanthropy http://ow.ly/TqhE
- Major Gifts for 12/28 – 12/31 total nearly $900 million!http://ow.ly/SF3U
- Lei Zhang pledges $8,888,888 to @YaleSOM to build new campus http://ow.ly/TMvk
- Lemon family gives $1M to Oklahoma City University for a new scholarship and lecture series http://ow.ly/TFOh
- Joe Lobbato gives $1M to @oregonstateuniv to support the Arthur Stonehill Intll Business Exchange Programhttp://ow.ly/TFEZ
- Dan & Denise Costa give $1M to Gallo Center for the Arts to provide children of low-income families access to theaterhttp://ow.ly/Tk6J
- Stanley and Fiona Druckenmiller gave $705 million to their Druckenmiller Foundation in 2009 @philanthropy reports:http://ow.ly/SCCa
- Rajawali Foundation of Indonesia gives $20.5 million to@Kennedy_School to create Institute for Asia http://ow.ly/TFne
- @knightfdn commits $70 million to community foundations in communities where Knight owns newspapers http://ow.ly/TI8U
- @pepsi swaps Superbowl ad for $20M community project campaign http://ow.ly/T4aE Submit your idea here:http://ow.ly/T4bS
- 65% of major Chicago area corporations plan to maintain or increase their giving in 2010! http://ow.ly/Ugk9
- Hartz (as in @crunchnclean) pledged $3 million in pet supplies to animal shelters in 2009: http://ow.ly/SDj9
- Volunteer for a day at a charity, get a free day at @DisneyParkshttp://ow.ly/Tjvg Via @servecommunity
- RT @OLPC: Eat Gushers, win a laptop, give a laptophttp://ow.ly/TGBt
- Great info on Indian NPOs from @GuideStarIndia‘s CEO:http://ow.ly/T20P (Check out their blog here: http://ow.ly/T23P)
- How did I miss this?!?! The Coutts Million Pound Donors Report 2009 – http://ow.ly/TNpr With thanks to GG+A
- Philanthropist Ruth Lilly dies at 94, contributed over $500M, incl. $100M to @poetrymagazine, during lifetimehttp://ow.ly/SIQP
- @footnoted‘s Worst Footnotes of the Year: A must for prospect researchers & other corporate wealth watchers:http://ow.ly/SEwx
- Farshid Jahedi, former head of the Alavi Foundation, admits to obstructing grand jury probe http://ow.ly/T4pY
Follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/gordonjayfrost) to see all the individual tweets during the week, including dozens of great fundraising jobs.